Fundraising Administrative Coordinator
- - Fundraising
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Fundraising Administrative Coordinator
Major Gifts Team
United Way harnesses the collective compassion and resources of our community to help people learn more, earn more and lead safe and healthy lives.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with CARE.
Courage - Accountability - Respect - Excellence
United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Fundraising Administrative Coordinator will help advance the mission of UWCI by providing strategic project support to the directors of individual and corporate engagement, and provide sales and administrative support to team members who are responsible for UWCI's fundraising and related activities.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Partnership: Actively participate in team meetings, providing suggestions and feedback to further the effectiveness of team fundraising efforts.
• Team Support: Responsible for timely, accurate, thorough and pro-active administrative support of the fundraising team members. Efforts include, but are not limited to the following:
a. Provide primary sales and project support
b. Schedule meetings, prepare agendas and materials, track RSVP's, and logistics
c. Receive and enter initial workplace pledge/payment information via Campaign Contribution Report Envelopes
d. Query organizational database and extract data as requested
e. Generate and run multiple accurate reports from database
f. Produce quality company fundraising presentation materials
g. Provide e-pledge support as requested by team members
h. Compile and type statistical reports (charts, graphs and spreadsheets)
i. Type & prepare correspondence, mail merges, labels & other documents
j. Provide customer service in a courteous and professional manner including greeting and directing visitors, taking and delivering phone or visitor messages, answering all departmental telephones promptly and providing information or routing calls to appropriate staff.
k. Troubleshoot and field general requests from donors and team members
l. Proofread and edit documents as needed and requested
m. Serve as the lead events coordinator for Tocqueville and Meridian Events, provide support for any affinity group events led by team members
n. Pull lapsed donor campaign donor reports and send lapsed donor letters as requested
o. Provide donor and/or company reports and other materials for weekly meetings
p. Assist with the evaluation of trends within accounts
q. Prepare portfolio reports
r. Update mailing lists and recording bulk communications on the database
s. Assist director with monitoring and managing department budgets
t. Manage special event cash payments and deposits
u. Coordinate team tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines
v. Assist director with inter-departmental communications
w. Track inventory & ordering of fundraising supplies not managed by logistics
• Organizational Support: Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Fundraising Operations, fulfill assigned roles that assure organizational success. Efforts include, but are not limited to:
a. Processing of envelopes
b. Roles in the thank you process
c. Submission of regional/national results to UWW Breakfast Online
d. Travel to Area offices to provide additional support if needed
• Annual Goals: Achieve established goals. Work with the Tocqueville Society Director to ensure goals reflect and align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization.
• Flexibility: As with any successful organization, UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility is a key attribute for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
High School education required. Advanced education preferred. Two to four years related experience preferred. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of non-profit organizations preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including the willingness and ability to ensure accountability, ability to build strong relationship both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically, commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must have the ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Position Leader: Tocqueville Society Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, hourly
Salary Range: $20.51 per hour
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.