- - Fundraising
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
United Way fights for the education, financial stability, health and basic needs of everyone in our community.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with CARE.
Courage - Accountability - Respect - Excellence
Lead United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) strategies and activities primarily, but not exclusively, to grow the giving and engagement of Eli Lilly and Company and its employees and retirees. Responsible for leading Team Lilly for optimal performance, assuring consistent and strategic integration with the other members of the fundraising team. Responsible for achieving annual fundraising goals and growth in fundraising and engagement of donors and corporate efforts within Lilly. Serve as member of the Fundraising leadership team of UWCI.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Strategy Development: Drive the creation, implementation and success of strategies to increase the engagement, participation and giving of employees and retirees of Lilly. Serve as a key partner with the Lilly United Way Coordinator and the Eli Lilly annual campaign leadership to develop and drive innovative strategies to reach all employee populations segments, as well as retirees. Deliver new and innovative ideas, fail fast and learn. Lead the execution, evaluation and updating of the Strategic partnership agreement between Lilly, United Way World Wide, and UWCI. Build and drive execution of robust Affinity Group and leadership donor experiences.
• Fundraising: Responsible for setting and attaining the annual fundraising goals, including overall fundraising, donor acquisition, donor retention and employee engagement. Responsible for leading the planning, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects who are part of Lilly. Work closely with Chief Fundraising Officer to ensure coordination of fundraising efforts. Conducts a minimum of 30 individual donor calls annually.
• Employee Engagement: Co-create with Lilly United Way Coordinator creative employee engagement solutions to address employee retention, acquisition and morale, as well as United Way awareness and support. Drive execution of new and traditional efforts.
• Leadership: Provide supervision and clear direction for Team Lilly (positions listed below). Assure coordinated and clear individual and team goals are identified and monitored. Provide guidance and direction to team members while promoting individual thinking and innovation. Regular and meaningful updates with each team member is expected.
• Operational Excellence: Drive efficiencies of the Lilly giving portal, communications, and engagement efforts without compromising quality or user/donor experience. Work with UWCI operations team to assure delivery of high-quality customer service. Provide timely and accurate reporting to both Lilly representatives and internal UWCI audiences.
• Volunteer Management: Drive execution of overall Eli Lilly United Way strategy by guiding and empowering the Lilly Core Team and Ambassador team. Provide support and leadership for the Lilly Internal United Way Team. Assure all volunteer experiences are effective and meaningful.
• Constituent Relationships: Work with UWCI's Community Impact Team to identify, develop and implement opportunities to communicate community impact work, UWCI goals and priorities to constituents. Be knowledgeable about UWCI's work in Central Indiana and be an effective and compelling communicator of the same to advance engagement and brand value.
• Relationships: Develop and maintain regular contact with assigned corporate and individual donor portfolios. Identify and communicate with appropriate UWCI team members regarding opportunities to leverage these relationships more broadly.
• Annual Goals: Work with other members of the UWCI team to ensure that goals reflect and align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization. Achieve the annual fundraising, engagement, and donor call goals.
• Flexibility: UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred. Focus in philanthropic studies, public administration, business, marketing or other related field with at least five years business or social services leadership experience preferred. Proven successful sales or fundraising experience preferred. At least 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including the willingness and ability to ensure accountability, ability to build strong relationship both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically, commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must have the ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Position Leader: Chief Fundraising Officer
Position Leads: Team Lilly
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time, Salaried, 37.5 hours weekly
Salary Range: Mid to Upper $70's
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.