Affinity Groups Senior Manager
- - Fundraising
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
AFFINITY GROUPS SENIOR MANAGER
United Way fights for the education, financial stability, health and basic needs of everyone in our community.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with CARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
Courage - Accountability - Respect - Excellence
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Senior Manager of Affinity Groups will lead the creation and execution of strategies to optimize the experience of members of United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) affinity groups that have primary membership based on giving level (Women United, Diversity Leadership Circle, Emerging Leaders, LINC). The Senior Manager will also design, prototype, test and refine opportunities for donors to engage in causes they care about most in the human services sector regardless of giving level. The Senior Manager will work closely with their team to create and execute the strategies, as well as work across teams in the organization. Responsible for setting and achieving annual fundraising goals around donor acquisition, donor retention, donor growth, as well as engagement of donors in these segments.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Fundraising: The Sr. Mgr. will set goals for all Affinity Groups that are based on giving level. Goals will include overall dollars raised, donor retention, donor acquisition and donor growth. Goals for membership will be set, and will include new members, overall member numbers and member retention. The Sr. Mgr. will design metrics to determine success within cause related engagement groups. Will work closely with the Chief Fundraising Officer and Volunteer Engagement Senior Director to ensure coordination of fundraising efforts. Conducts a minimum of 4 individual donor calls each month.
• Strategy Development: Responsible for creating and driving innovative strategies that will optimize donor experiences with members of UWCI Affinity groups, both donor giving level driven and cause related. This strategy will include investigating other Central Indiana related groups, designing new opportunities and/or revitalizing existing efforts with outside voices and incorporating meaningful opportunities for community members to be inspired to be part of the United Way movement. Strategy may also include the execution of events, development of sponsorship opportunities, etc. Execution of developed strategy is the responsibility of the Sr. Manager and partnership with their team, as well as support from across the organization.
• Women United: Provide leadership, strategy development and execution for the UWCI Women United Affinity Group, including membership and dollar goal setting and attainment, meaningful member engagement activation as well as volunteer leadership management and recruitment for the Women United Affinity Group Chair and Steering Committee members. Lead further development and execution of the UWCI Women's Speaker Series.
• Constituent Relationships: Work with UWCI's Impact Fund Leaders to identify, develop and implement opportunities to communicate community impact work, UWCI goals and priorities to constituents. Be knowledgeable about UWCI's work in Central Indiana and be an effective and compelling communicator of the same to advance engagement and brand value.
• Volunteer Management: Design and implement a volunteer leadership structure for all Affinity Groups that provide leadership and engagement opportunities for volunteers in an efficient and meaningful manner. Recruit volunteers to participate in UWCI activities assuring meaningful volunteer experiences. Inspire, motivate, optimize, empower to action, create guidelines and let volunteers achieve their goals.
• Relationships: Identify opportunities for community collaboration. Develop and maintain regular contact with community partners, donor affinity group prospects and volunteers. Identify and communicate with appropriate UWCI team members regarding opportunities to leverage these relationships more broadly.
• Leadership: Provide supervision and clear direction for the Affinity Group Managers (positions listed below). Assure coordinated and clear individual and team goals are identified and monitored. Provide guidance and direction to team members while promoting individual thinking, innovation, excellence and development. Regular and meaningful updates with each team member is expected, including bi-weekly one on one meetings, effective team meetings driving strategy execution and goal attainment.
• Annual Goals: Serve on cross functional teams as needed to further the mission of UWCI team to ensure the success of the Affinity Groups and that goals reflect, align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization. Achieve the annual fundraising, engagement, and donor call goals.
• Flexibility: UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility and adaptability is a key attribute for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 3 to 5 years of demonstrated history of successful sales, fundraising, or relevant experience and strategy development required. Bachelor's degree required. Focus in philanthropic studies, public administration, business, marketing or other related field with at least four years business or social services experience preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including the willingness and ability to ensure accountability, ability to build strong relationship both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically, commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must have the ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Position Leader: Volunteer Engagement Senior Manager
Position Leads: Manager Affinity Groups, LINC Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time, 37.5 hours weekly
Salary Range: Mid to Upper $50's
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page