Impact Operations Manager
- - Community Impact
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Impact Operations Manager
United Way fights for the education, financial stability, health and basic needs of everyone in our community.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with CARE.
Courage - Accountability - Respect - Excellence
United Way of Central Indiana, recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Impact Operations Manager is a part of the Impact Division team. This position will assist with overseeing the team's processes, timelines, financial tracking, compliance, reporting and information related to grants and contracts of UWCI's Impact division. This position will be the inter-department liaison that ensures the Impact team is providing the information and support necessary to other divisions. In addition, the position actively participates in supporting the activities and goals of the Impact Division.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Update and maintain all reporting mechanisms for the Impact teams which includes annual workplan metrics, community investments dashboards, management reports and other reporting that captures UWCI investments.
• Provide support to the Impact teams through management of a tracking tool focused on financial expenditures and reporting deadlines across all grants and contracts.
• Examine financial budgets and reporting across Impact teams' contracts and grants to ensure compliance.
• Monitor organizations reporting compliance related to UWCI grants and contracts.
• Improve, implement and maintain operational management processes and best practices across the Impact teams.
• Provide support as needed with grant execution through management of the process and timelines.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives.
The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Must have familiarity with business and financial principles and experience with budgeting and forecasting.
Must have the ability to analyze and synthesize information from a variety of sources and make recommendations to Community Impact Senior Director to inform current and future work of the Impact Division.
Must have the ability to work independently with little-to-moderate oversight, while providing consistent and complete communication to ensure the Community Impact Senior Director and appropriate Impact team members are informed and engaged.
Effective team-building skills and the ability to participate in group planning and project implementation is required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University required. Two to four years related experience preferred. Proficient with technology and how to use technology to communicate and present information. High proficiency in the use of Excel, Access, and Power Point is required. Complete knowledge of managing data, administering databases, and high comfort level with the creation of forms and reports required. Knowledge of not-for-profit organizations preferred. Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Position Leader: Community Impact Senior Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, EXEMPT
Salary Range: Upper $40's to Lower $50's
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.