Accounts Receivable Manager
- - Operations
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Accounts Receivable Manager
United Way fights for the education, financial stability, health and basic needs of everyone in our community.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with CARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Accounts Receivable Manager is the member of our Finance team responsible for timely and accurately research, processing and troubleshooting of all receipts of payment (check, EFT, credit card, etc.). This position is required to actively manage all processing and researching resolutions for payments and communicating and meeting financial deadlines. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of the organization's various activities and high levels of collaboration across the organization to determine sources of funds and appropriate accounting and coding for accurate collections and budget evaluations.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Process daily deposits for all receipts through UWCI's remote deposit tools. Sources of receipts include cash, checks, EFT, credit cards, online transactions (Paypal, Stripe, etc), and others.
• Accurately record all receipts to open pledges, accounts receivable and/or revenues as appropriate in either the CRM or accounting software.
• Process pre-authorized payments and credit card transactions in timely manner
• Pro-Actively manage, resolve and update expiring and rejected credit cards and communicate with Collections and Financial Analytics Manager on moving donors from credit card to direct bill as deemed necessary
• Research and exercise professional discretion on proper application and accounting for receipts under approved threshold
• Process paper and online, Network for Good & Event2CRM, pledges and the associated online payments
• Process daily lockbox payments
• Train Operations Specialist in researching accounts for payment application
• Record necessary notes or attach necessary documents to create clarity for postings
• Manage connectivity to other United Way portals
• Collaborate with United Ways, companies, individual donors, banks, and team members to gather necessary payment data
• Collaborate and resolve discrepancies/open issues regarding receipts by conducting internal and external communications
• Collaborate with Collections and Financial Analytics Manager on open AR items
• Maintain complete and accurate files for all areas of responsibility
• Identify, propose, document, and implement process improvement in the receivable process, including communications with Fundraising and Finance Departments
• Respond to internal and external inquiries on a timely and accurate manner for all related areas
• Process data in an efficient manner with urgency
• Communicate in a courteous and professional manner with internal and external constituents
• Manage financial and project deadlines
• Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred or at least four years of relevant experience in accounts receivable. Must be computer proficient and detail oriented. Effective time management is essential along with the ability to multi-task. Must be able to successfully meet various processing deadlines. Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Position Leader: Accounting Director
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, 37.5 hours weekly
Salary Range: Low $50's
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.