Impact Brand & Storytelling Manager
- - Community Impact
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Impact Brand & Storytelling Manager
United Way fights for the education, financial stability, health and basic needs of everyone in our community.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with CARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. UWCI's newly launched impact funds are "products" designed to support services, community-based organizations, partnerships, policy initiatives and other activities aligned with our two-generation approach to reducing poverty. The impact brand & storytelling manager plays a key role on both the impact and marketing teams to design and lead the narrative creation, delivery and implementation of engagement strategies surrounding all three UWCI impact funds.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Create compelling content focused on telling the story of how results achieved by the basic needs, family opportunity and social innovation funds combat poverty in Central Indiana.
• Develop and coordinate packaging/delivery of impact content for sales enablement tools, templates, case studies, testimonials, blogs and more for web, print and video.
• Serve as a trusted community advocate who connects and cultivates relationships across diverse communities.
• Identify and utilize new tools designed to improve the relationship and brand awareness between key audiences and UWCI impact funds.
• Share accountability for achieving core goals of UWCI impact funds as measured by double bottom line: money raised, and impact created.
• Manage engagement strategies to harness the full potential of our existing partnerships and unleash new collaboration.
• Regularly represent UWCI at community events to further support our mission and brand goals.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, creative writing, video/film production or related field required. Knowledge of the nonprofit sector is preferred. At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the above fields required. Passion for creative visual storytelling required. Experience in writing, editing and recording required. Demonstrated videography and photography skills required. Proven experience working collaboratively in a complex organization required. Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Position Leader: Impact Funds Senior Director
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time, 37.5 hours weekly
Salary Range: Mid to Upper $50's
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.