Quality Assurance Reviewer - TEMPORARY
- - Community Impact
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Temporary Quality Assurance Reviewer
Energy Assistance Program (Grant Funded)
Community Impact Team
Approximately 4–6-month assignment depending on the needs of the community
United Way harnesses the collective compassion and resources of our community to help people learn more, earn more and lead safe and healthy lives.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis building a team that will pursue this vision together with CARE.
Courage Accountability Respect Excellence
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (EAP) is designed to assist eligible low-income households pay for winter energy services. EAP will provide a one-time benefit to eligible households to be used for energy bills. Quality Assurance Reviewers understand Energy Assistance Program (EAP) data management protocols and procedures to ensure program compliance. Ensure applications are error free and processed timely, while adhering to all compliance regulations set forth by Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA).
Routinely review and update customer data records to ensure system data is accurate and complete.
This is a fast-paced job requiring professional, courteous, and effective communication with clients, staff, volunteers, partner agencies, and the general public.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Reviews a minimum of 10% of all applications to ensure forms do not contain errors and verifies that all information is documented and complete.
• Understand program guidelines and procedures for completing application forms so errors can be detected and corrected.
• Communicate effectively with and relate positively to customers, agency staff, and other social service agencies.
• Check customer income as shown on application and checks benefits to be given compared to matrix guidelines.
• Make corrections to applications or as necessary contact the intake worker who prepared the application to add or correct necessary information.
• Notify customers if a correction in benefit is necessary.
• Ensure all customer folders are established in accordance with IHCDA guidelines.
• Complete & process EAP applications as needed throughout the season.
• Promote a cooperative spirit within the organization and among internal and external Indy EAP Participants.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
• High School/GED with 1 to 2 years' experience working with low-income individuals and families;
• Computer skills and ability to prepare documents and related software applications;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively work with diverse participants; those in high stress situations;
• High level of concentration;
• Ability to gather data, compile information and enter data in a timely fashion;
• Knowledge of community support services;
• Records maintenance skills;
• Maintain a high level of client confidentiality;
• Reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Position Leader: Community Impact Senior Director
FLSA Status: Hourly, Full-time, Non-Exempt, Temporary
Hourly pay Rate: $13.00 / hour
Benefits: Temporary position – No benefits available
United Way of Central Indiana - Equal Opportunity Employer
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.