Community Impact Manager
- - Community Impact
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Community Impact Manager
United Way fights for the education, financial stability, health and basic needs of everyone in our community.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with CARE.
Courage Accountability Respect Excellence
This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas. United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission.
The Community Impact Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of work that supports UWCI's goals and mission. The work includes managing community initiatives, engaging community partners, administering public and private grants, and supporting efforts to develop and inform future work. This position works collaboratively within the Impact Division as well as across all other divisions of UWCI.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Collaboratively work as a part of cross functional teams within the Impact Division and across all other divisions of UWCI to meet organizational goals.
• Maintain and cultivate relationships with community partners including funders, community organizations, government officials, and other key stakeholders to maximize the initiatives impact.
• Administer publicly and privately funded initiatives.
o Ensure compliance with and interpret funder guidelines or regulations.
o Maintain fiscal integrity.
o Conduct analysis of the initiatives and ensure monitoring activities are conducted.
o Write reports to funders and the community at large.
o Organize, facilitate or participate in internal and external meetings.
• Plan, budget and implement the daily operations of assigned portfolio of initiatives, which includes targeted fundraising and data management.
• Develop and maintain written work plans, reports and presentations. Present written material in a compelling, concise manner to internal and external audiences.
• Consistently remain aware of key issues and stakeholders that impact the portfolio to assess how the work can be enhanced.
• Assist in hiring and supervising necessary temporary staff and/or interns.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Must have the ability to analyze and synthesize information from a variety of sources and make recommendations to Community Impact Senior Director to inform current and future work.
Must have the ability to work independently with little-to-moderate oversight, while providing consistent and complete communication to ensure the Community Impact Senior Director is informed and engaged.
Effective team-building skills and the ability to participate in group planning and project implementation is required.
Possess the ability to be flexible and to adapt to changes as new opportunities and initiatives transpire across the organization and in the community.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Public Administration, Planning or related field with minimum of five years' work experience in a related area. Graduate degree in related field preferred. Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
Must have experience in managing public or private grants. Must be familiar with the human service delivery systems, both public and private, including funding sources. Must be competent in oral and written communications. Knowledge and understanding of nonprofit organizations is required.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Position Leader: Community Impact Senior Director
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time, Salaried
Salary Range: $50,000
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page