Research Analyst (Level II)
- Impact - Strategic Information
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Low-Mid 60s
- Full Time
- Full Benefits
Research Analyst (Level II)
Strategic Information Team
Safeguarding our team members is an important part of how we ensure our continued work in the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, UWCI requires all new hires to be optimally vaccinated against COVID-19, including the COVID-19 booster, barring an approved exemption. All UWCI team members will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 19, 2021, barring an approved exception.
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
Lead research and analytical projects conducted by the Strategic Information Department in support of the organization's goals and objectives. Act as a liaison between the Strategic Information Department, internal partners (fundraising, volunteer center, marketing, and community impact) and external partners (including United Way's community-based partner organizations).
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Data Analytics & Research:
Manage and maintain UWCI's Azure Data Warehouse using SQL. Create data reports, visualizations, and dashboards using PowerBI and Tableau for internal and external audiences to show impact of UWCI's work in the community. Perform yearly Impact Analysis.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the UWCI Azure Data Warehouse to ensure appropriate data collection, reporting, and analysis of all Impact and Community Data.
- Create reports, edit tables and views, and troubleshoot data quality issues within the Data Warehouse.
- Lead the reporting and analysis of Impact Funds data using SQL.
- Develop and maintain Business Intelligence (PowerBI and Tableau) dashboards to track Impact metrics, understand data trends, and create reports and visualizations for United Way team members.
- Develop and implement research designs, inclusive of methodology, and appropriate statistical methods for analyzing data on assigned projects.
- Perform in-depth analysis of impact data to identify gaps in UWCI services and needs in the community around Basic Needs, Family Opportunity, and Social Innovation.
- Assist data collection and evaluation methodologies for specific Education, Workforce development and Economic assets, Healthy Food Access, Physical, Mental, and Behavioral Health services access initiatives.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Research and Evaluation to define and design analytical projects
- Conduct data analysis and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques.
- Prepare and present research results and related implications and recommendations both in writing and verbal communications based on a demonstrated understanding of the given audience and research objectives.
- Assist with program evaluation and data analysis for UWCI programs and initiatives.
- Lead efforts to collect, organize, scrub, validate, and otherwise prepare large data sets from internal and external sources for research projects.
- Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Assist with the design, implementation, and analysis of survey results for internal and external surveys. Assist and lead the presentation of survey results to internal UWCI departments and perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Create online surveys using SurveyMonkey and assist in analyzing data from survey research projects.
- Assist with internal and external survey requests, collaborate with different internal team members on survey creation as needed.
- Lead the analysis and presentation of annual UWCI surveys such as the Key Stakeholder survey to inform UWCI team members on the perception of UWCI in the community.
Geographic Information Science:
Assist in the utilization of ESRI ArcGIS products (ArcMap, ArcPro, ArcOnline, Story Maps) to create mapping visualizations and spatial analytics to display UWCI's geographic impact in the community and to aid with funding decisions and fundraising efforts.
- Utilize GIS tools such as ArcGIS to create maps and provide understanding of variables in a given geographic location.
- Manage GIS related project requests. Meet with requestor, create required visualization, and ensure the project deadline is met.
- Create standardized layers and templates to ensure that a consistent look is used across all UWCI mapping projects.
- Train internal SI team members on the utilization of ArcGIS products.
Community Data Initiatives:
Support community data initiatives work through the collection and reporting of community data from community data sites.
- Assist with the reporting of community data initiatives that advance UWCI's strategies such as the United Way ALICE report.
- Assist with the reporting of Impact Data to United Way Worldwide through the Global Results Framework report.
- Attend and participate in community-wide webinars and conferences.
- Update demographic and county needs data for UWCI's service area utilizing sources such as: Census, SAVI, IDOE, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise with traditional and new research methods, analytical techniques, and technologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and review literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree preferred. *Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must have knowledge of Basic SQL programming language, database structures, and Business Intelligence (BI) analytics software.
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling and analysis of data is required.
- Working knowledge of statistical software and/or relational database concepts and other business analytics tools is preferred.
- Must possess a high level of computer proficiency and knowledge of various computer software, with skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to see the big picture and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Thinking Strategically
- Stakeholder Experience
- Effective Communication
Position Leader: Senior Manager, Research & Evaluation
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-time
Salary Range: Mid 60s
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts