Workplace Giving Associate - Seasonal (Early September- Late December 2022)
- Fundraising Division - Workplace Giving Associate - Temporary
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Workplace Giving Associate - Seasonal
Hybrid work - remote 2 days per week
(Full-time, temporary position, Early September – late December 2022)
Safeguarding our team members is an important part of how we ensure our continued work in the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, UWCI requires all new hires to be optimally vaccinated against COVID-19, including the COVID-19 booster, barring an approved exemption. All UWCI team members will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 19, 2021, barring an approved exception.
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The role of Workplace Giving Associate will assist the corporate fundraising team to organize, develop, and manage workplace pledge drives and grow the level of financial support and commitment to United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) for assigned portfolio of accounts.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Plan, develop, and manage corporate partner workplace campaigns - employee pledge drives, special events, and engagement coordinating with the Employee Engagement Coordinators (EEC) of assigned accounts utilizing email, phone calls, virtual and in person meetings.
- Provide outstanding customer service with external stakeholders - assist workplace Employee Engagement Coordinators and committees with timely follow up in the planning, implementing, and completing the account's employee workplace pledge drives and engagement activities that inspire giving.
- Effectively set up workplace online giving campaigns and pledge drives where applicable adhering to internal and external timelines and processes
- Make effective presentations through public speaking to employee groups emphasizing the impact of UWCI in the community utilizing power point, marketing videos and virtual platforms where applicable.
- Coordinate with internal volunteer engagement team to invite EEC and accounts to participate and support various service events and projects available to create additional community impact opportunities for assigned accounts.
- Monitor and track progress of financial and non-financial results of assigned accounts thru SCRM reports and various tools like excel.
- Achieve giving and engagement goals for assigned accounts.
- Enter and maintain the most current and accurate information in UWCI's database/SCRM on all assigned accounts such as but not limited to contact information, dates, pledges, giving and engagement activities and results.
- Keep manager informed of progress and report any problems that may arise.
- Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree preferred or at least one year of relevant experience in marketing, sales and/or fundraising. Proven successful experience in customer service management is required.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and effective presentation skills for audiences of various sizes. Must be able to calculate percentages, increases/decreases on accounts, proportions and accurately set numerical goals. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions required. Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position. Effective time management is essential along with the ability to multi-task. A demonstrated keen sense of relationship building is needed. Must be computer proficient (Microsoft office) and detail oriented. An understanding of and the need for commitment to community improvement is a must.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer and phone.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Thinking Strategically
- Stakeholder Experience
- Effective Communication
Position Leader: Corporate Engagement Senior Manager – Team Machine
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, hourly, temporary, 37.5 hours weekly
Assignment Length: Early September – End of December
Salary Range: $21.00 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts