Executive Assistant- Strategic Information
- Impact - Executive Assistant- Strategic Information
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Safeguarding our team members is an important part of how we ensure our continued work in the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, UWCI requires all new hires to be optimally vaccinated against COVID-19, including the COVID-19 booster, barring an approved exemption. All UWCI team members will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 19, 2021, barring an approved exception.
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the Vice President of Impact Research and Data Analytics, who serves as a member of the Executive Team. Reporting directly to the Vice President, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the Vice President and members of the Strategic Information team. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to other senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced environment. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a diversity of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Provide executive support to the Vice President of Impact Research and Data Analytics, who is a member of the Executive Team, through daily management of emails, calendar, coordination of internal and external meetings, tracking tasks and managing communication. Provide and lead support to both internal and external parties with a high level of professionalism and in a manner that reflects positively on the organization.
- Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion especially decisions directly impacting the operations of the United Way.
- Organize complex calendars and schedules, resolving any scheduling issues.
- Monitor, organize and respond to email questions on behalf of Vice President.
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, emails, agendas, reports, special projects, and other documents in support of objectives for the organization.
- Proofread various department emails, letters, materials, and other documents.
- Create end of day report that outlines tasks, meetings and communication that need action.
- Coordinate communications with other Executive Assistance to schedule meetings for Internal and external appointments (i.e., interviews, meetings, lunch outings, and ad hoc requests).
- Manage all aspects of preparation/management for meetings which includes assembling materials, meeting set up and logistics.
- Conserve the Executive's time by reading, researching, collecting, and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Excellent communication and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, with contact outside normal business hours
Project Collaboration and Support
Utilize project management software to monitor project timelines and deliverables for the Strategic Information team to ensure deadlines are met. Manage, organize, and maintain folders, documents, reports, and records for the team through Microsoft Teams and other online platforms. Provide administrative support for organization initiatives.
- Manage Strategic Information's project timelines and tasks using Microsoft Planner to ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide weekly update to the team on deadlines and deliverable due based on project timelines.
- Create and maintain Teams folder to ensure files and folder are organized and easy to navigate.
- Create, file, and manage process documents for Strategic Information's projects and community Impact work.
Invoice Management and Contract Tracking
Oversee Strategic Information team's subscription renewals, invoices, and contracts. Process invoices and manage software service agreements. Develop and maintain invoice tracking reports to monitor billing dates, subscription renewals, and contracts.
- Manage and monitor reports for Strategic Information projects (i.e., finance, legal, budget reports, invoices, contracts).
- Create and manage invoice tracking spreadsheet in Excel to monitor and track Strategic Information's invoices, subscription renewals, contracts, and ad hoc purchases.
- Send monthly notification emails to businesses prior to invoice due dates.
- Process purchase orders through Intacct for all contracts, invoices, and ad hoc billing.
- Manage online subscription and payments.
- Collaborate with Sr. Director of Strategic Research and Data Analytics and Finance team to track invoice payments and contracts for Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database.
- File all fully executed contracts and professional agreements in appropriate Teams folders upon receipt.
SharePoint Site Portal Management
Manage and maintain Strategic Information team's internal website portal in SharePoint. Routinely update general information, reports, publications, and documents in the portal. Create, manage, and maintain the website portal process document to ensure proper management of website.
- Collaborate with team to update site portal content on a monthly basis.
- Monitor site to ensure functionality of linked documents.
- Create and maintain team site portal management procedures.
Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to multi-task and be open-minded in a fast-paced environment. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues. This person will have a commitment to equity and use that lens to shape their work.
This individual reads and interprets documents such as operating instructions and procedure manuals. Routinely writes detailed reports and correspondence and responds to questions and/or complaints. Routinely speaks effectively before groups of customers, clients, and managers and/or employees of organization.
This individual routinely solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This individual makes decisions on how to carry out specific day-to-day tasks. Typically consults with supervisor on anything out of the ordinary.
Education and/or Experience
- High School education required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience required working in a role supporting executives.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Flexible hours as dictated by the needs of business for projects and meetings.
- Must have a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to resolve conflict constructively.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Job Knowledge
- Thriving in Change
Position Leader: Vice President, Impact Research and Data Analytics
Position Leads: N/A
FLSA Status Exempt, Full-Time
Salary Range: Mid 50s
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Reviewed: July 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts